SAP is now providing “Accounting determination” using Fiori for On-Premise 1610 release or higher. Let us deep dive into the steps of “Accounting determination” fiori app functionality.
The central task of G/L accounting is to provide a comprehensive picture of external accounting and accounts. Recording all business transactions (primary postings as well as settlements from internal accounting) in a software system that is fully integrated with all the other operational areas of a company ensures that the accounting data is always complete and accurate.
General Ledger Accounting is integrated with all application components of the SAP System that generate posting data of relevance to General Ledger Accounting:
“Accounting Determination” app allows us to do below mentioned integration activities,
- Foreign currency Valuation
- Transfer and sort Receivables and Payables
- Retained earnings account
2. FI-MM Integration “OBYC”
3. FI-SD Integration “OVKA”
Below mentioned are front-end, back-end and OData service roles needs to be assigned to view the “Account Determination” fiori app.
· oData Service : FAC_ACC_DETERMINATION_SRV
· Back-End Authorization Role (PFCG): SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT
· Technical Catalog: SAP_TC_FIN_ACC_COMMON
Business Role: SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT
Select Subarea as “General Ledger Accounting”
- Foreign currency valuation. Currently, only transaction key KDF (under transaction group FWA) is supported. It covers T-code OBA1, tables T030H and T030HB.
Hit on Step 2 to assign the Exchange gain/loss GL accounts
Retained earnings account, it corresponds to T-code OB53, tables T030 and T030B
Click on Step 2 to select the parameters
Click on Step 3 to assign retained earnings account
Bank Account Determination for Payment Transactions in AP/AR: In ERP, it is a view cluster VC_BANKDET that can be launched in SM34. The app only supports one branch in the view cluster, for example, ‘Bank Accounts’.
Click on Step 2 to assign Bank determination GL accounts,
Using this app we do similar configuration that we do in GUI transaction – FBZP bank determination (below screen refers GUI screenshot)
Let us do bank determination on Fiori now,
This series of articles Accounting determination on Fiori is divided into three parts,
- Financial Accounting (FI-GL) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/account-determination-fiori-jayanth-maydipalle-
- Material Management (FI-MM Integration) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/account-determination-fi-mm-integration-fiori-app-maydipalle-?published=t
- Sales and Distribution (FI-SD Integration)